Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Starting Smoothies

Last night I watched a really cute movie, "Julie & Julia." If you haven't seen the movie, it is about a woman, Julia, who is feeling like her life isn't very important. After rough days, her meditation, if you will, is to cook. Her favorite chef is Julie Child. She starts a challenge for herself that she is going to cook all of the recipes from the book that Julie Child wrote. There are over 500 recipes and she gives herself a year. In the process, she writes a blog about it.

After watching this, I felt compelled to follow suit. As it is summertime and the weather here is extremely warm, I thought it would be fun to make smoothies. My hubby bought me a Smoothie Recipe book awhile back and I think it would be just the ticket to make them all. Here's the catch: I'm LDS which means that coffee and tea are not optional. This smoothie book has two whole sections devoted to smoothies made out of coffee and tea. My challenge lies in making all of the smoothies LDS approved and edible (well drinkable anyway).

This book has 5 sections: 1)Pucker Up 2)Mocha Madness 3)Berry Fruity and Fun 4)Simply Tealicious and 5)Sippable Sweets. I will make all the smoothies in order. I will give you the recipe so you can try them. I will also make notes of any changes that I made for any of you that would like the altered versions. Well wish me luck! Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment